Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship
Who we are
alinea is no ordinary cost consultancy. Our offer is unique in many ways: unrivalled access to the best projects around, an award-winning approach to strong cost advice, and an enviable culture guided by a clear vision, strong values and exceptional people. We represent the very best of what the industry has to offer and are setting the benchmark for excellence in everything we do. The strength of our continued project pipeline, and a number of recent project wins means we are now looking for an Apprentice to grow our valued team.
As an apprentice you will be working towards an undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying whilst also working as an Assistant Surveyor at alinea, with day release one day per week to attend lectures and related study work.
We offer a structured career pathway and a mentoring and support programme to launch your professional career in Quantity Surveying.
Please email Alisha Filippi, HR Advisor (email@example.com) with your CV and cover letter if you are interested in applying or if you would like to find out more.
• Support senior surveyors to plan and manage the cost of projects, helping to deliver schemes that meet budget, design, quality and sustainability objectives in line with procurement and financial procedures.
• Assist on pre contract duties across projects including: pricing and estimating, procurement and tendering documentation, specification and work schedules.
• Assist with the production of cost, feasibility and quantity surveying advice on designated projects from inception to completion, preparing contract documentation and managing payments.
• Support completion of post contract duties: Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments, producing cost reports and cost forecasting.
• Attending site visits and client meetings.
Required skills and qualifications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong IT skills.
• High standard of numeracy.
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively prioritise delivery to set deadlines.
• Enthusiastic and proactive approach to the role and the construction industry
alinea is an equal opportunities employer and we invite individuals from all backgrounds to join our team. If you should have any particular requirements at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Alisha Filippi, HR Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)