Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Commercial Property Manger to join a not-for-profit organisation based in Southampton.
The organisation are a government owned company with a number of key corporate office locations across the UK. Their Buildings and Property Services department are responsible for day-to-day management of the estate, dealing with the majority of property related matters.
The team are now looking to appoint a new Commercial Property Manager to join the organisation. The role will be based out of their Southampton Head Office, but offers the opportunity to work remotely the majority of the time.
Your new role
As the Property Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the property portfolio. This will include co-ordinating maintenance requests, managing property related stakeholder queries and the negotiation and processing of new lease or business space agreements. You will also contribute and provide input to the existing and future property strategy.
Key responsibilities include -
- Day-to-day management of the property portfolio
- Co-ordinate and arrange maintenance
- Oversee contractor operations
- Process contractor invoices and payment of rents
- Undertake property inspections and liaise with internal stakeholders on site
- Negotiate terms for new leases, renewals or business space agreements
- Ensure the portfolio is well maintained and compliance standards are met
- Support, advise and execute property strategies
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 2 -3 years property management experience, ideally from a commercial property or block management background
- Strong understanding of landlord and tenant legislation
- An understanding of property lease agreements
- Experience of arranging property maintenance and dealing with contractors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high attention to detail
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.