BPS Chartered Surveyors is seeking a recent graduate with a RICS-accredited degree who is seeking to complete the APC to help meet and expand our growing practice.
The role will be flexible around the aspirations and experience of the individual, however successful applicants can expect themselves to be involved in:
- Valuations of Local Authority commercial, community and residential property
- Assessing scheme viability of major developments and advising clients in respect of negotiations concerning planning obligations
- Advising Councillors and Planning Officers through the committee process
- Negotiating S106 Agreements and other legal documents
- Preparing evidence for Public Inquiries, Planning Appeals and for Examinations in Public
- Providing development, procurement and feasibility advice to our local authority clients
- Preparing and testing viability evidence in support of the development of Local Plans, infrastructure and affordable housing policies
- Assisting with a range of call-off services including development advisory work and Red Book valuations as well as training and client CPD lectures
The successful candidate would ideally have experience or interest in valuation, town planning and general surveying experience though training would be provided. There are significant opportunities to gain a wide experience with excellent career progression opportunities dependent on performance.
BPS exclusively advise public-sector clients, which leads to an array of interesting projects to get involved with throughout London, the South East and the Midlands. We currently advise more than half of London’s Boroughs on development viability in planning. We are also involved in advising on major regeneration projects, local government asset management and are involved in some of the capital’s largest projects.
We specialise in providing independent viability advice on major planning applications that are transforming the Capital, putting us right at the centre of the action. In the name of offering the best of both worlds - our offices are located in Dorking, Surrey, with its beautiful countryside and excellent travel links into the City.
- Lively personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- Competent with Argus and other appraisal software (optional)
- Graduate with an RICS-accredited (cognate) degree or aspirations to achieve this within 3 months of employment
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Surveying experience - valuation, financial viability assessments, development appraisal and planning advice
- Student membership of the MRICS or the intention to sit the RICS APC within 24 months of employment
- £25,000-£28,000 dependent on experience
- Dorking, Surrey (partial home working)
- Clients in Greater London, South East and the Midlands
Contract and working hours
- Permanent · Full-time
- Two positions available