This client is an established firm of Chartered Surveyors, Cost Consultants & Project Managers based in Central London, and are in their 21st Year of business. The company has an impressive list of private clients, including many funds, banks, institutional and other investors, property companies, developers, occupiers, and technology sector clients. They have over 20 years’ experience in development monitoring for funders with an excellent reputation. The typical projects sizes range from £1million to £40million construction values across a number of sectors, predominantly residential PD conversions and new build schemes for sale or rent, student accommodation schemes, hotels, retail, commercial and industrial and logistics developments.
This company currently have 5 qualified surveyors who provide development monitoring instructions but are looking to establish a specialist team to exclusively deliver their specialist IMS services. As part of this strategic restructuring, they plan to recruit a Development Monitoring Surveyor to assist with their steady stream of new IMS instructions and strong pipeline. The successful candidate will be able to operate independently as well as providing valuable support to the team head and associate director. Consequently, there is a great opportunity for an experienced and ambitious candidate to become a valued member of a growing team and contribute positively to the future growth of the business with future their own progression in mind.
- All aspects of monitoring for lenders including development appraisal; project risk and risk analysis; procurement, programme and cost management skills.
- Ability to review building contracts, consultant appointments, warranties, insurances, neighbourly agreements and technical due diligence reports.
- Ability to consider compliance issues including quality monitoring, planning requirements and building regulations.
- Production of written reports on the viability of a development (Initial report) and budgetary control, quality, progress, insurances, contracts and adherence to statutory procedures (Interim Reports).
- Authorising interim valuations for release of funds by the Banks.
- Be client facing and able to engage with a variety of clients on a regular basis to build relationships as part of a business development strategy.
- Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times.
- Effective communication ensuring all information is available for the successful completion of projects.
- The role requires direct liaison with clients, lawyers, valuers, developers and their professional teams.
Experience / Skills:
- Degree in Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying.
- MRICS qualification (QS or BS route).
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience of providing Independent Monitoring services.
- Industry networks.
- Literate and able to produce detailed, high-quality reports.
- An understanding of costs associated with construction.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the construction process and various construction elements.
- Good working knowledge of JCT Building Contracts.
- A strong understanding of development procurement.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of parties.
- You will be accurate with an attention for detail.
- Ability to work with a level of autonomy as well as operating within a team environment.
- Full clean driving licence (preferred).
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Izzy Brady on 0 7 7 5 9 1 2 7 6 2 2 for more information.