Not getting the opportunity or support to step up from an Assistant or Graduate level to a fully fledged Project Management role? Keen to have more control on projects and face time with clients?
We are looking for a Project Manager to join on of our clients’ teams in London who will help to deliver work with their key clients across healthcare, local authority and education.
You will join a passionate and team-orientated environment, with genuine scope for professional development within the practice. This role would suit a forward-thinking Project Manager who is in search of their next career opportunity.
As Project Manager you will work alongside the Construction team delivering a complete lifecycle of works with London based clients. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop the client’s brief and co-ordinate, manage and communicate with the client, project stakeholders and contractors in order to meet the requirements
- Preparation of programmes and undertaking programme management
- Undertake change management, co-ordinate the design process, oversee and manage the control of the project both pre- and post-contract including financial expenditure throughout all RIBA stages.
- Co-ordinate and manage the development of the procurement strategy and procurement activities
- Undertake and participate in risk-, value- and opportunities management, including facilitating workshops to ensure that these activities are controlled within the project team including contractors, sub-contractors, and the supply chain
- Prepare and issue reports, including but not limited to preparation of Project Execution Plans (PEP), Strategy Reports, Risk Registers, Progress Reports etc.
- Ensure that the project meets statutory approvals and take actions as necessary to ensure that the projects meet these statutory responsibilities
About You-Essential requirements:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the construction environment or Graduate/Assistant PM stepping up.
- HNC, HND or a property/construction related degree
- Competent in using Microsoft Project and Excel
Further skills and experience we would like you to have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of building technology and construction principles
- Good understanding of forms of building contract and experience of contract administration
- Previous experience of NEC and JCT forms of contract would be beneficial
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Bid writing and presentation skills
- Ability to engage with project stakeholders, and ability to deal with issues appropriately and constructively
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Member of a related professional body (e.g., RICS CIOB, CIBSE etc) - desirable
About the client:
They are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of their journey as they move forward through their ambitious five-year Business Plan. They are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help their clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
They are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Through their remarkable history they have already established the sound principles of success and they have the vision and ambition to be even better, as they move forward into a very bright future. They’re growing and need more experts onboard.
Remuneration / benefits:
They value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of their team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to them, and they work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of the organisation. They are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
Season ticket loan or car loan
Cycle to work scheme
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Izzy Brady on 0 7 7 5 9 1 2 7 6 2 2 for more information.