Senior Specialist Surveyor
Location: Flexible within South Wales
Salary: £45,739 - £50,516 (Grade 8)
Contract type: Fixed term Appointment to 31 March 2025
Work pattern: Full time- 37 hours a week, flexible
Post number: 202935
Closing date: 4 July 2022
Job Descriptio[n: The post holder will provide the high-level professional land agent expert role in their geographical area (South Wales), being responsible, directly and by the advice given, for ensuring NRW manages the significant financial, legal, operational and reputational risk arising from the management of land and assets in the Place.
The post holder will be the organisation's high level professional expert for bringing Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) into better condition.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Full Chartered Surveyor membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. (RICS)
- RICS Registered Valuer or a willingness to become one.
- Substantial relevant experience in the field and ability to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and personal and professional credibility and a commitment to continuing professional development.
- Excellent people management, financial management, leadership and influencing skills.
- Able to manage complex Projects and Programmes of work.
- Proven ability to manage financial, legal, operational and reputational risk around the post holder’s area of work and identify risks to the business.
- In-depth knowledge in land and property management to enable the provision of objective advice to others on specialist issues.
- Confidence and the ability to discuss policy and legal land stewardship issues with a range of audiences.
- Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships and networks with a range of individuals and at all levels.
- Excellent negotiating skills employed to achieve the best outcome for NRW.
- Expertise in identifying areas for cost reduction and increasing income.
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
To apply, please visit our website