Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Surveyor / Associate to join the Property Management department of a leading real estate consultancy based in Hampshire.
The company are a leading real estate consultancy who provide a multi-discipline of services on behalf of a wide variety of private sector clients. Their Property Management department are responsible for the efficient management of a large number of commercial property portfolios on behalf of institutional funds and investment clients.
The department are now looking to make several new appointments in to it's existing team. This includes a requirement for a Senior Surveyor / Associate level property management professional. The role offers hybrid working, with an expectation to attend the office 2-3 days a week.
Your new role
As a Senior Surveyor / Associate, you will be responsible for the independent and collaborative management of multiple property portfolios on behalf of investor and institutional fund clients across the South of England. The portfolios consist of all core sectors including, industrial parks, multi-let offices, retail units. The fundamental purpose of your role will be to manage the assets efficiently and effectively, ensuring a maximise return of income is achieved.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Day-to-day management of property portfolios
- Manage rent rolls and collect arrears
- Prepare and implement service charge budgets
- Manage and process tenant and contractor invoices
- Undertake property inspections
- Attend client meetings and provide updates on cash flows and budgets
- Manage and ensure compliance standards are adhered to
- Liaise with property agents and surveyors for matters such as, lease events
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferably MRICS qualified, but not essential
- Proven commercial property experience, preferably within a property management / landlord and tenant environment
- Ideally have experience of working within a property consultancy, but not essential
- Knowledge of property leases and service charge budgets
- Excellent understanding of landlord and tenant legislation
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.