Job title: Regional Building Surveyor (12 month FTC)
Location: Home based (with frequent travel across South of England)
Salary: £39,625 - £46,618 depending on experience
Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Closing date: Saturday 30th July 2022
We’re recruiting a Building Surveyor on a 12 month fixed term basis to work in our Finance/Property Department to manage a diverse portfolio including animal centres, hospitals and in addition, a selection of residential properties.
As an RSPCA Building Surveyor you‘ll have an opportunity to use your existing building surveying expertise and apply it directly to a unique environment making an immediate impact on how the Society delivers animal welfare.
This is a homebased role with regular travel to visit sites across the South of England, with flexibility to plan your own schedule and journeys. If you have any questions about the working dynamic please do reach out to us.
What you will be doing as an RSPCA Building Surveyor:
- Advising on technical, professional, contractual and financial matters to successfully implement centre development projects on budget, time and to agreed standards.
- Reviewing and setting Society standards for design and construction specifications for animal/clinic accommodation in conjunction with Branch and Animal Welfare Departments.
- Undertaking specific building projects, preparing drawings and specifications, gaining Statutory Approvals, running competitive tenders, placing orders and supervising work for completion.
- Giving planning and technical advice where needed to assist purchase, disposal, maintenance and alteration to Society property.
- Providing a professional support link between internal customers and clients throughout the duration of all projects. Establish and maintain effective systems for regularly reviewing regulatory compliance across all assigned centres including, for example, Fire Safety, Legionella, Asbestos and CDM compliance.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in construction project management and building maintenance.
- Health and Safety and Building Regulation knowledge.
- Ability to analyse technical plans and data, review invoices against agreed payment schedule and performance of contract, negotiating resolution of any disputes with suppliers.
- Experience of working within tight budgets.
- A professional and approachable manner to a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Full driving licence and the ability to travel frequently to sites across the South of England and our South East Regional Hub
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference BS9956 by the closing date of Thursday 30th June 2022.
Early applications are encouraged as we may bring the closing date forward once sufficient applications are received.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing Team.
No agencies, thank you.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.