Our client is an innovative company that brings together our people’s specific skills to provide a best in-class service that improves the industry and meets their client’s requirements.
They are an independent construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. Their principle strengths are our hard-working and diverse team; their personal approach and attention to detail mixed with their technical knowledge and good judgement.
They are fair, honest, collaborative, work with integrity and deliver value to all of their relationships. These are the values that ensure their clients’ goals are met and that our client will continue to succeed as a responsible business.
Following the continuing strategic growth of our client, new opportunities exist to join their team, with exciting projects and a great working environment.
This client have a broad range of experience in projects from small capital values relating to asset management projects up to large scale complex projects of over £700m. This range and understanding of complex projects at all capital values allows the team to add best value for their Clients.
With regard to the Residential and Commercial Sectors they are currently working on a range of new builds and mixed-use schemes, including small refurb up to large masterplan schemes.
Their sector coverage includes:
- Commercial Offices
- Commercial Fit Out
Senior QS Job Description
- Talented, energetic and enthusiastic individual
- Previous experience in delivering services across a diverse portfolio of projects
- Maintains and monitors client and team roles with new and existing clients
- Good level of expertise in Residential and Commercial sectors
- Able to operate in a flat team structure and build relationships with design team and client
- Able to deliver across the full spectrum of cost consultancy and contract administration services
- Providing service delivery across several projects for key clients
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Often acting in a client-facing capacity delivering pre- and post-contract cost management services; including valuations, variations, cost reporting, estimates and report writing
- Managing other team members in the service delivery, developing their skills and knowledge
- Working with the clients on business case planning and preparation
- Helping the clients with the development of their project execution strategy
- Supporting their new appointments and assisting in development of new business with the clients
- Supporting the service offer and areas of innovation including the provision of value adding advice, for example in the field of low and zero-carbon solutions
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Strong client-facing skills and behaviours; articulate and personable in written and oral communication
- An effective listener who can identify issues, clearly communicating solutions with recommendations and with delegation skills
- Self-starter with ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work with focus, with enthusiasm
- A flexible individual, able to adapt to different project dynamics and demonstrating an understanding of the wider implications of the client’s projects
- Ability to think clearly and make reasoned decisions, explaining the logic employed
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and positive role modelling behaviours but also a strong team player
- Good commercial cost planning, budgeting, estimating and procurement skills
- Post-contract cost management
- Appreciation and understanding of the JCT forms of contract
- Good time management and prioritisation skills; delivers quality work within immovable deadlines
- Strong IT skills (CostX, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other bespoke)
On offer is a competitive salary, with a plethora of benefits and dedication to helping you progress your career. Everyone who joins will enjoy:
- Opportunities across the country, with London Office work focused in the South East
- Vibrant working environment
- Outstanding medical health care
- Sports and social events
- Generous holiday allowance
- And plenty of other benefits subject to grade, including a pension scheme, interest-free travel loan and much more