SENIOR REGIONAL MAINTENANCE SURVEYOR – East Region – East Anglia, Milton Keynes & North London
Full time: 35 hours per week
Salary: £39,528 - £43,920 with £5000 car allowance
Car Allowance: £5,000 per annum
Hastoe are an award-winning housing association that manage 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a surveyor to join our East regional team. The successful candidate will lead and work with a great team of colleagues to help deliver a high quality, customer focused responsive and void service.
The role will include but is not limited to oversight and day to day management of Maintenance and Repair contracts, managing a team of Regional Maintenance Surveyors, ensuring contractor are meeting KPI’s, performance reporting and providing technical support where required.
The role is home based covering the area including East Anglia, Milton Keynes & North London, with visits to the office near Saffron Walden two to four times a month.
A full list of roles and responsibilities can be found within the Job Description for this role.
This post is subject to background checks.
What we are looking for
You will need to have good working knowledge of building construction, building regulations and health and safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- Construction or related qualification such as a B-Tech, HNC/HND or BSc in Building Surveying. Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of managing and negotiating with contractors to ensure performance to contract standards.
- Experience of delivering a repairs service using term contracts and schedules of rates.
- Understanding of building pathology and ability to diagnose complex building related defects.
- Experience of legal disrepair claims and complaints handling.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos. Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS)
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
Your salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible working opportunities, discounts and pension scheme.
Annual Leave: 25 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
How to Apply
Please send your CV, supporting statement outlining what you would bring to this role to email@example.com by 09:00 30th June 2022.
Interviews will be held in the Little Chesterford office (near Saffron Walden) on 5 and 7 July 2022
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact James Johnson, Property Services Manage on 07912 390821 or the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8973 0435.