Graduate Building Surveyor
Salary: Competitive with fantastic benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently recruiting a graduate to join our Milton Keynes office who has recently completed or is studying towards either a BSc or MSc in Building Surveying to join Hollis.
Graduates will join well-established and expert teams and the role will be to assist them in all aspects of Building Surveying. You will be enrolled onto our APC programme immediately and start working towards chartership.
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter as one document.
• Assisting on a full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial.
• Assisting on servicing instructions which are typically split about 50:50 between professional work and project work.
• Assisting in providing professional work to clients including schedules of dilapidations, pre-acquisition surveys, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, schedules of condition.
• Support project work which can typically range from £50k to £7million where the firm performs the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or an employer’s agent.
• Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
• Business Development and Client Care awareness.
• Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
• Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
• Respect Company Values.
• Degree or MSc in Building Surveying with ideally some work experience in a commercial property environment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
• Experience of AutoCAD an advantage, though not essential
• Clean driving licence
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
Life assurance and private medical insurance
Season ticket loan
5% Employer pension contribution
25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more
Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
EV car scheme
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues.
We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.