Surveyor / Senior Surveyor - Rights of Lights
Contract Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Project Lead to provide RoL and daylight consultancy in Scotland and ideally to be based from our Edinburgh office. We work with a diverse range of clients and have previously provided daylight assessments for St James Quarter, New Waverley, New Town Quarter & Haymarket Edinburgh, just to name a few of them!
- BSc or diploma in property related subject
- RICS or CIAT member or working towards
- Minimum 1 years PQE in RoL / neighbourly matters consultancy
- Must be client f acing and be able to establish / grow a client base and generate own revenue.
- People skills to develop and manage a small team
- Familiar with design process and RIBA plan of work
- Experience of speaking / presenting in a design team meetings
- Familiar with the planning process and experience of presenting at planning committees and appeals
- Familiar with CAD /Revit and RoL software and able to interpret results
- Familiar with BRE guide and BS17037
- Not essential, but experience in providing landlord & tenant advice such as preparing dilapidations schedules and schedules of condition would be beneficial, as would experience of undertaking building surveys.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
Life assurance and private medical insurance
Season ticket loan
5% Employer pension contribution
25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more
Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
EV car scheme
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues.
We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.