Senior Chartered Building Surveyor
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor who specialises in Dilapidations and Projects or has the desire to predominantly work within these areas. You will be joining a very busy team with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Strong focus on dilapidation and tenant alterations instructions
- Work on Projects ranging in value from projects from £50,000 to £2m across multiple sectors.
- Provide support to clients who are principally institutions (pension funds, insurance companies etc) and property companies
- Job Manager duties including responsibility for taking an instruction from its start to finish.
- Provide excellent client care
- Business management – writing and approving invoices at the appropriate time and in line with the fee agreement, controlling WIP and managing the budget to maximise recovery of disbursements and time costs accrued on jobs, chasing debt
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Help develop and mentor junior surveyors in the team.
- In due course, support Partners in the delivery of client growth plans and line management of graduate/apprentice surveyors.
- MRICS + 2-5 years PQE.
- Dilapidations or Projects experience with a keen interest to focus on this areas
- Experience working with Landlords And/or Tenants
- Self-motivated and hungry for a challenge.
- Excellent presenting, communication and report writing skills
- Take ownership of work, accountability is crucial.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
Life assurance and private medical insurance
Season ticket loan
5% Employer pension contribution
25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more
Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
EV car scheme
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues.
We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.