Their Planning & Development team is one of the most respected in the UK. More than 100 people strong, based in London, Manchester, Leeds, and Birmingham, they offer one of the largest integrated teams in the sector. They are substantially investing in their National Planning and Development practice, and this is an exciting time to join their growing team. Their team is highly collaborative and forward thinking, working to ensure their clients receive first class, impartial advice and innovative, intelligent solutions to meet their objectives. They have a blue-chip client base and work hard to create long-term, enduring relationships that will generate added value for them. They are a highly experienced, personable team with real depth of skill, knowledge, innovation commitment and resource.
They are looking for an individual to join the Development team in their Manchester office. They are open to reviewing applications between Surveyor to Senior Associate, based in either their Manchester or Leeds office.
Building on the exceptional track record of the Development teams in their London and Birmingham offices, they are now growing their Manchester business and are seeking to appoint an ambitious, commercially minded and technically excellent individual to work collaboratively in further establishing the Manchester Development team. The individual will take an active role in business development, leading projects and supervising junior team members.
You will have an excellent track record in property and development, with an ability to win new business. You will have established connections and relationships in the North West that you can further build on, with an understanding of key drivers for growth in the region.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• A proven academic and career record to date demonstrating progression, technical ability, successful dealing with clients at all levels and a passion for quality and excellence of service.
• Excellent commercial acumen, networking skills and the ability to participate effectively in a business driven by providing a top-level client service. This includes the ability to identify key issues relating to a problem and identify creative options and solutions for addressing these.
• The ability to establish effective relationships at all levels within and outside the company and translate these into business growth opportunities for the Firm as a whole.
• A good personal manner, calm and authoritative that instils confidence, particularly when dealing with clients, but also internally, e.g., when supervising Graduate Trainees and other junior members of the team.
• The ability to use knowledge and information to identify and develop creative but practical commercial opportunities on the client’s behalf.
• Experience in supervising, mentoring and training junior colleagues.
You'll be offered a salary ranging from £40,000 - £55,000 per annum, plus bonuses. You'll also receive great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
Alongside their competitive compensation and benefits package they offer all their staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. The company encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.