Principal Building Control Surveyors
Job reference PLAC003292
Date posted 23/06/2022
Application closing date 17/07/2022
Location York, England
Salary £45,207 per annum. This includes a fixed market supplement £2,645 paid in addition to basic salary (to be reviewed after 2 years). The basic salary is £42,562 per annum (Grade 10 Level 4).
Contractual hours 37
Basis Full time
City of York Council are looking for two talented individuals to take the lead in moving the Building Control Team forward.
Both the city of York and the Building Control Team will be seeing a range of exciting changes over the next few years with new legislation raising the profile of Building Control and significant development proposals within the city. These roles will give the successful candidates the opportunity to work on:
- York Central regeneration including projects at the National Railway Museum, up to 2500 homes and 112,000m2 of office, leisure and retail use.
- York Castle Gateway regeneration.
- Significant University and Hospital developments. Changes to meet the objectives of the Building Safety Bill.
- Council led sustainable and environmentally conscious housing developments by nationally recognised award winning architects
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with recognized Building Control qualifications and experience who can:
- Work independently and within a team to offer a customer focussed service.
- Prioritise demands and manage their time effectively.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, construction professionals and the public.
- Instruct and mentor junior colleagues.
Residents tell us that York is a great place to live and work with a dynamic world renowned historic centre and a wealth of cultural, retail and entertainment facilities.
We aim to attract, develop and retain the very best people to deliver our services and in return can offer you an attractive package including a generous pension scheme, authorised parking, continuing professional development opportunities, car lease scheme and a mix of working flexibly from our office, from home or on site. We take great pride in been a friendly, flexible and professional organisation.
Relocation expenses are available to the successful candidate to support re-locating to York if necessary.
If you relish the challenges of the future and would like to be part of shaping our city’s future we would welcome your application.
You can apply online here or, if you would prefer, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note - your CV must contain (as a minimum):
- Name and contact details (telephone, email, address)
- Full employment history (name of employer, job titles, dates of employment and salary)
- Explanation of any gaps in employment
- Contact details of at least two referees including current / most recent employer
At the moment due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some of our staff are working remotely from home but a return to a combination of working remotely and physically from the Council’s offices is anticipated in the near future. As a new starter, your contractual location will be the designated council office for your team. Your working arrangements will vary according to your service and role, and the current Government guidance. For many roles, there will be more opportunities in the future for remote and hybrid working. However, this comes with the expectation that, as workplaces open up, there is likely to be an ongoing and occasional requirement to attend the workplace.
The Council is committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Becky Eades (Head of Planning and Development Services) at email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 17 July 2022 at 12 midnight
Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews arranged for any suitable candidates on a rolling basis.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.