We are looking to recruit a committed, highly motivated person to lead the construction side of the Council’s ambitious new homes programme. We aim to build 1000 new homes over the next 10 years, the role will be responsible for the 2 schemes currently on site (128 homes) as well as assisting in the delivery and planning of the already identified pipeline of 300 new homes.
The role will include:
- Managing a team of Project Managers delivering new Council homes
- Initial cost appraisal of schemes
- Advising on procurement and contract methodology
- Managing consultants, contractors and liaison with local communities
- Carrying out financial appraisals of Council development proposals
- Managing project budgets and construction contracts
- Working with communities and elected representatives with the aim of delivering affordable housing
You will ideally have experience of working with a Local Authority or Registered Provider and have experience of bringing forward affordable housing schemes. You will also need to have an understanding of development finance, a knowledge of the planning system and of broader affordable housing issues.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in the delivery of affordable housing with an ability to take from inception to completion.
You will have positive attitude, a creative approach to problem solving and good negotiation skills.
The role would particularly suit someone who holds a relevant degree and is a member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
You must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post.