Senior Development Manager – Land and Partnerships
Up to £72,500 pa + excellent benefits
Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire
We’re looking for an experienced individual with a good set of contacts and a track record of acquiring new sites to join us as a Senior Development Manager within the Land Partnerships Team, ensuring that we deliver new Development schemes with energy, pace and relentless attention to quality.
Catalyst are one of the UK’s leading housing associations and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We're at a particularly exciting point in our story, as we joined the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, and will be fully merged in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for a total of 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our existing homes and communities as well as building new ones, and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety. Our North Counties region operate from Berkshire to Essex, Hertfordshire to Cambridgeshire.
We create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We also create fantastic opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, with diversity and inclusion and learning and development continuing to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Are you a strategic thinker who is able to see the bigger picture but also thrives at being hands-on?
- Can you deliver great places for people to live?
- Do you have at least 5 years’ experience within the sector?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Senior Development Manager in Land and Partnerships you will:
- Work as part of the North Counties Land and Partnerships Team to secure the regional target of delivering 600 – 700 new homes each year, contributing to the overall target of over 3,000 new homes per year across London and the Home Counties.
- Have industry contacts working across our region – particularly within the Oxford-Cambridge Arc.
- Have an excellent track record of securing new opportunities, with experience of working through the acquisition and planning process.
- Help to deliver a development pipeline that meet the aims of our Development Strategy.
- Exercise sound judgement by defining and managing project risks, including updating project appraisals at all key stages.
- Lead, build and maintain effective relationships by being visible and engaged at key external and internal meetings. Including establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with external stakeholders.
- Assist in developing a strong team, supporting junior colleagues as required.
- Have strong interpersonal skills that enable you to communicate orally and in writing, in a professional, succinct and positive way.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.