Senior Building Surveyor
Location – Flexible
Contract Type – Permanent
Working Hours – Full time
Closing Date – On receipt of applications
The role is accountable for all aspects of the Real Estate office and workshop property repair management within the wider RWE Group property portfolio in the UK and potentially Europe, as well as being responsible for managing significant property maintenance, repair, dilapidations and service charges values in the £1-2m.
The postholder will also be responsible for managing a significant and diverse estate and providing professional property repair and maintenance advice and solutions. You will also be responsible and accountable for implementing building maintenance strategy for individual sites/properties and for managing agreed property budgets and appointing and managing contractors.
- Freehold & Leasehold Land & Property repairs management - Accountable for proactively managing the maintenance and repair of RWE properties in line with property law and RICS standards.
- Stakeholder management (internal and external to senior level) - Act as RWE representative for all property repair & maintenance related matters, including 3rd party tenants, landlords, external contractors, RWEG station staff and wider RWE Group staff and associated RWE projects.
- Management of the fit out, repair and maintenance of a diverse portfolio in accordance with UK law, RICS standards, H&S and environmental best practice.
- Professional repairs strategy advice and services in terms of property/land divestment or acquisition projects including demolition projects
- Maintenance budget management - Set and agree budget to feed into the business mid-term plan process.
- Degree and Chartered surveyor with several years practice on job experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of building repairs management in a utility or major land owner environment
- Demonstrate ability to plan, prioritise and work independently and of their own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Experience of advising and providing technical information to senior management and experience of working with cross functional teams
- Strong communication and negotiations with public, internal staff and at all levels
What we offer our people
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes a 15% bonus opportunity, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get the opportunity to craft the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you desire to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term objectives.
To view a preview of our benefits site ‘YourHub’ and see some of the other benefits we have on offer please visit https://www.edenred.co.uk/campaigns/rwe-yourhub/index.html
Working at RWE
To find out more about what it’s like to work at one of Europe’s largest energy companies and what we are all about we have a wealth of information on our Careers pages. https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal
Here you can meet some of the team, find out more about Diversity at RWE, what your onboarding will look like and some FAQs.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our energy for a sustainable life
RWE has reliably supplied people and companies with electricity for more than 120 years. The way we generate power is changing fundamentally and RWE is driving this change. RWE is committed to be carbon-neutral by 2040, and to generating electricity in a clean, safe and affordable way.
RWE in the UK
We operate a large and diverse portfolio of power generation assets in the UK. We are the UK’s second largest generator of thermal flexible capacity, supplying around 10% of the UK’s electricity last year with 8.6GW of installed capacity. The portfolio includes the UK’s largest fleet of gas-fired power stations, along with a small amount of Biomass and Hydro plants.