Property Risk Manager
Are you a current Chartered Surveyor struggling with a good work life balance? This could be just the opportunity you are looking for. With lots of flexibility, working from home options and limited travel.
We are looking for a Chartered Surveyor to be our property expert, providing advice and recommendations to the business around property risk and shaping the business appetite for acceptable property criteria. The successful candidate will manage the Property Risk team, own the property risk management policies, provide expert advice and training in all valuation and property related matters.
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development of our property risk policies relating to origination, underwriting, portfolio management and disposal of assets.
- Development of Property risk MI to enable the bank to understand the risks in the existing portfolio and for new lending.
- Develop and embed a robust framework to monitor the performance of property risk.
- Champion for continuous improvement within property related functions,
- Management of the valuation panel
- Understanding the risks of climate change on the property portfolio
- Undertake portfolio revaluation exercises as required by regulation and policy.
What we need from you:
- Qualified member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Extensive experience in residential property surveying within the financial services sector
- In-depth understanding of residential building pathology together with an excellent understanding of the UK residential property market.
- Ability to exercise commercial judgement and make shrewd business decisions.
- Knowledge of FCA principles and demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Strong coach and people developer
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and works on own initiative.
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Able to follow procedures and work within regulated environment.
- Good Office 365 skills
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary of £55-65k per annum
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options