My client is a key lender in the UK market and they are seeking a Valuation Surveyor to join their team to cover a West Midlands patch.
The key purpose of this role is to provide valuation and property risk advice to the Bank to support new loan originations and to undertake quality assurance across specialist residential property markets, including large HMO’s and multi-unit residential investment blocks.
You will be responsible for a range of valuation and reporting tasks and will need to:
- Provide a high standard, consistent real estate valuation consultancy service to the bank’s internal teams, having regard to agreed risk policy and within agreed service level standards. This will include undertaking property inspections as necessary.
- Prepare and present property and portfolio reports to Transactional Credit Committee (TCC) and assist TCC on specific cases when required.
- Periodically prepare and provide residential market updates for your region, to the Credit Risk team, to inform ongoing credit risk policy and strategy.
- Research and report on specified, large, new build developments within your region, to inform lending exposure and supporting credit risk decisions.
- Maintain a HMO transaction database to inform annual loan book indexation.
- Support the wider Real Estate and Valuation Quality Assurance programme in accordance with the Group Quality Assurance approved framework.
The suitable candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience as a property valuer or as a general practitioner (at MRICS or higher) is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing and signing off valuation reports for secured lending purposes on HMO’s and other specialist residential properties is essential.
In return, they are offering a package worth approx £75k per year, with a car / allowance, healthcare and generous pension provided.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please submit your application via RICS Recruit, call Andy on 0208 514 9177 or submit your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.