To lead the development of the strategic approach to the use of assets and investment to meet the property needs of the council, while achieving value for money from public resources and commercial activities.
As a member of the Property Service Senior Management Team, the post holder will be required to be accountable for the following services:
● Preparation of strategic asset management plans, managing the portfolio, evaluating property investment options, engaging with existing and potential clients and analysis of property data.
● Leading the establishment and operational effectiveness of core business processes to support the effective operation of the Estates, Assets, and Investment Team.
● Leading the Estates, Assets, and Investment team's approach to continuous improvement, establishing challenging performance goals and reporting progress.
● Proactively identifying new opportunities for rationalising and improving the use of council property and driving forward commercial initiatives to secure the best return on investment from the property portfolio.
● Collaborate with the Property Services SMT to develop the strategic vision and objectives for the service, enabling the achievement of the desired goals and outcomes for the communities of Oxfordshire.
To work with our Residents, Staff, Members, Partners and Suppliers to ensure the delivery of required outcomes, in a consistent way, using the right skills and the most appropriate delivery vehicles.
To drive continuous improvement so we can be even more ambitious for our organisations and communities in the future.
To support our Organisation, People and Partners to look forward, using analysis and evidence to inform plans, manage risks appropriately, apply insight and manage markets to ensure the delivery of effective services for our local people.
To learn and adapt to deliver positive outcomes in efficient and consistent ways, constructively challenging how services are provided and working together to build on our strengths.
The postholder will provide proactive and visible leadership to the Councils Procurement and Contract Management function.
The postholder will be expected to act as a senior advisor to Members, Senior Leadership Teams (Chief Executive, Direct Reports and Extended Leadership Team) across the Council and to support lead Officers within Service Areas to achieve their procurement and contract management outcomes.
The postholder will also be responsible for driving the transformational change of the business, commercial and customer experience for the property service (including savings targets).
The role will requires working with the Councils Senior Leadership Teams, other Senior Officers, Members, Suppliers, Communities, and other Partners, therefore being able to build working relationships and effectively communicate complex, professional advice is vital.
Function Leadership * To be the professional lead for the Estates, Assets and Investment service and work across other parts of the County as and when required.
* To lead, inspire and motivate managers and teams across the Council, through the efficient and effective management of services, staff, and resources.
Creates a clear sense of direction and ownership of objectives through the effective use of performance management processes ensuring delivery of required service standards.
* Identifying new opportunities for commercial activity, which grow the services trading capacity and capability with public and private partners. Strategy and Decision Making
* To lead the delivery of the aims and ambitions of the Council, as set by the Council's Leadership Teams, specifically relating to the development of plans for the strategic use of property and assets to achieve the community, commercial and environmental objectives of the service.
* To work with the Corporate Directors to determine, evaluate and plan their future operational property requirements. * To develop detailed business cases and financial evidence to support the council's property, assets, and investment plans.
* To work closely with the Council's Leadership Teams to define the Council's approach to strategic and commercial property management, then oversee its delivery which ensures quality and value for the Councils and their Partners.
* Collaborate with the Property Services SMT to develop the strategic vision and objectives for the service, enabling the achievement of the desired goals and outcomes for the communities of Oxfordshire. Relationships and Stakeholder Management
* To build and promote relationships across the Council, their Suppliers and other Partners which deliver effective and consistent services, and which represent value for money.
* Engages with staff, members, and stakeholders to shape and agree on priorities and objectives in line with the service plan and relevant corporate policies & external legislation.
* To oversee the development of advice, written reports and briefings relating to estates, assets and investment activity to Members, Councils Leadership Teams, Programme Boards, Committees, MPs, and other stakeholders as required. Technical / Professional
* Collaborate with colleagues across the Property Service to lead the development and delivery of the aims, ambitions, and priorities of the Council's strategic direction.
* Ensure that the Council's strategic approach to its property portfolio is consistent with mitigation of adverse impacts on the climate and is environmentally sustainable.
* Lead the development of the Council's Property Strategy for the use, management, and investment in assets through the Asset Management Group.