Valuation & Advisory
Job Description Summary
Our London based Self Storage team sits within the wider Alternatives service line at C&W and focuses on the UK and European self storage markets. Client services are varied and include valuation (Red Book and IFRS), brokerage, fund sourcing, consultancy and due diligence.
Our client list includes both operators and investors operating across the UK and Europe. We count the largest European and UK operators amongst our clients in Shurgard and Safestore respectively with collective portfolio values in excess of £6 billion. Investor clients range from Institutions such as Legal & General and Aviva to investors/private equity companies such as Blackstone, Cerberus, Heitman and Nuveen.
C&W are considered market leaders in the sector. In part, this is demonstrated by the decision of the UK Self Storage Association (SSA) to work solely with C&W in producing the Annual UK Self Storage Report. This is the only report of its kind in the sector and won in the face of strong competition from our competitors.
This role is to work specifically in our London team, based in the West End. Flexible working patterns are in place to accommodate working in the office or at home. In fact, candidates do not necessarily need to base themselves in London and can work remotely if required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an MRICS qualified surveyor to join a leading team and operate in a sector that has witnessed record growth levels in the last 2 years. Whilst some may perceive self storage as a relatively niche sector, it is worth noting that there are currently over 2,000. self storage facilities across the UK providing 52 million sq ft and generating an annual revenue close to £1 billion.
Our competitors are relatively limited so an excellent opportunity to join a sector whereby you can quickly generate a high profile for yourself.
· Undertake existing valuation mandates and start to build contacts to attract new business
· Work on a mix of regular mandates for both Red Book and financial reporting purposes
· Work in an efficient and successful manner
· Prepare valuations and strategic advice to a wide variety of clients including both the largest UK and European self storage operators.
· Competent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Analytical skills to be able to work with DCF excel models
· Able to form and justify opinions on property values
· MRICS qualified
· Approximately 1-3 years post professional qualification
· Self storage market experience not necessary
· Trading assets valuation experience useful, but not essential
· To be able to work in both the valuation and investment sides of the business
·C&W are considered market leaders in self storage, so an excellent opportunity to develop your personal profile