The opportunity has arisen for a MRICS Building Surveyor, ideally with experience from the commercial sector. The role is for a position within a small professional firm of Chartered Building Surveyor’s based in a smart office in a great London location. Made up of 7 professional staff and 1 support staff we are looking to grow the team and enhance our firm’s potential and can offer a fantastic opportunity and future career to someone who is also looking to grow and develop their own skills, in a rewarding environment.
The quality and type of work is that which you may expect with a larger corporate company, but we have the added bonus of being able to build relationships and provide for each one of our client’s individual needs. Your role will require you to manage your workload, be self-motivated and maintain the high standard of work we deliver, whilst being part of a supportive, collaborative and friendly team.
Experience in the following areas would be ideal (but we provide training where necessary): building surveys for investment and occupation purposes, dilapidations, contract administration, refurbishment works and maintenance advice (PPM), development monitoring on behalf of Funders, and Project Management work.
• To assist in the successful implementation and delivery of all chartered building surveying services.
• Take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and on time.
• Deliver projects from inception to completion.
To include but are not restricted to:-
• Building surveys for investment or occupational purposes.
• Contract Administration.
• Preparation of specifications and schedules of work.
• Drafting of standard contract forms.
• Collating project documentation.
• Defect analysis.
• Preparation of schedule of dilapidations and negotiating on behalf of landlord or tenant.
• Works in conjunction with the Party Wall etc Act.
• Development and project monitoring role for investors, occupiers and institutions.
• Project management of new build and fit out projects.
• Preparation of CAD plans/elevations/sections and details is desirable.
• MRICS qualified.
• Good appreciation of professional and project based building surveying matters.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships.
• Able to plan and manage own workload.
• Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project.
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Accurate and excellent attention to detail.
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
• Confident and assertive where required.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
What we can Offer
• Competitive salary.
• Discretionary bonus depending on performance.
• non-contributory Pension.
• Hybrid working policy.
• 25 days annual leave (plus Christmas shutdown and day off for Birthday).
• iPhone or similar.
• Laptop / computer for home working.
• Private health care.
• Interest free travel loan.
• Company run "cycle to work scheme".
• Life Assurance Cover (after 12 months service).
• Permanent Health Insurance (after 12 months service).
• An enthusiastic and forward - looking environment