Multi-Skilled Chartered Building Surveyor
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Want to join a leading international, independent real estate consultancy with an all together different approach?
We are looking for a talented Multi-skilled Building Surveyor to join our enthusiastic team. You will be actively supporting a variety of areas which include projects, TDD and dilapidations and and will be joining a team of industry leading experts in the field.
Within our highly established surveying team you can expect clear career progression and an opportunity to work with blue chip clients. We’ve recently worked on some of London’s most notable buildings and instructions, from One Canada Square, to City Hall and Smithfield’s Market. The extent and breadth of clients, such as Amazon, Sony, L&G, The Crown Estate and National Trust, means you’ll be working on different buildings every day.
- Focus on projects and dilapidations. Potential involvement in range of other services, including TDD and tenant alterations.
- Job Manager duties including responsibility for taking an instruction from its start to finish.
- Provide excellent client care
- Business management – writing and approving invoices at the appropriate time and in line with the fee agreement, controlling WIP and managing the budget to maximise recovery of disbursements and time costs accrued on jobs, chasing debt
- Help develop and mentor junior surveyors in the team.
- In due course, support Directors in the delivery of client growth plans and line management of graduate/apprentice surveyors
Your Profile Experience
- Project and dilapidations specialist or keen interest to focus in these areas
- Experience working with Landlords And/or Tenants
- Self-motivated and hungry for a challenge.
- Excellent presenting, communication and report writing skills
- Take ownership of work, accountability is crucial.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- An employee-owned business who directly benefit from its success through dividends
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, and more
- Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights, and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.