Associate building surveyor
Become a Senior member of an established company responsible for managing the delivery of a range of building surveying services.
Key Qualifications: RICS qualified + broad, in-depth Building Surveying experience
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors.
- Engaging with customers.
- Delivering services & ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet requirements.
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations, and maintenance works - from feasibility through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews.
- Preparing & managing maintenance programmes.
- Agreeing with the Director & Client the right sub-consultants to assist with delivery of a commission. Following the approved procedures for appointing Sub Consultants.
- Providing professional advice to both Clients & other project team members.
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial info has been checked before issue.
- Remaining in the remit of your role & when additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of your Line Manager.
- Leading & managing teams working for you.
- Mentoring & coaching employees.
- Preparing bids for services
- Managing service delivery for profit
Key skills you will need
- Detailed knowledge & practiced experience of building surveying tasks.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Knowledge of construction procurement strategies.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator & Employer's Agent.
- An understanding of legislation & building contracts.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Clear & effective communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills & adaptability.
- Ability to absorb complex information & assess requirements readily.
- Problem solving, negotiating, financial management & numeracy skills.
- Sound ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Competent at negotiating sufficient fees to both complete services and generate profit.
- Ability to work in & manage teams.
Salary: £55,000+ with a bonus.