About the business:
Our client are independent property advisors who are one of the most recognisable names in the office, industrial and retail property markets. This business offers a full range of property consultancy services with specialists in Investment, Development, Town Planning, Charities, Roadside, Airports and more.
With the market in a strong position, the business unit has a strong order book and with the volume of enquiries coming through are looking to build on their success and expand their town planning capacity.
What will you get from this role?
The position will allow you to join the team as an Associate Town Planner, giving you the chance to take charge of a small team, growing it, and taking the team in the direction that you see fit. Moving further down the line this role would position you conveniently to achieve directorship within the company bringing further responsibility and earning potential.
This is a great position for someone with the vision and drive to lead a Town Planning department in a direction that will come to define its purpose and your career.
About the Position:
- Reviews, evaluations, applications, and appeals related to town planning.
- Conduct expert site inspections and compile pertinent reports with policy references.
- Diligently submit all required planning applications and appeals.
- In accordance with RTPI best practises and guidance notes, prepare necessary background reports.
- Managing less experienced team members, performing evaluations, and helping with recruitment.
Within this position you will help to support the management of the department, manage client relationships, and support the senior Town Planning team in creating new business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be RTPI qualified.
- Must have a degree or masters in a planning related course.
- You will be up to date with planning law.
- Your background and professional career may be with the public or private sector.
- It is expected that you will support the Partner and Director in pitch meetings, networking and developing new relationships.
- You must be experienced within planning policy, application and development control.
- You will need to have a well-rounded experience within private practice, understand the commercials of delivering a successful service.
- Have experience with dealing with small change of use to 100 + unit schemes.
- Must be responsible for your own fee accounting, debt resolution and support any junior staff.
For more information, please contact Oliver Hampson
Carriera Limited (“Carriera”) is acting as a recruitment agency and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. Each applicant will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties required by the position. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Any personal information provided to Carriera will be held in strict confidence and used solely for the purposes of identifying and notifying applicants of career opportunities. Further information regarding how Carriera will use and store applicant information is available here.