I am working with a Public Sector and Government Organisation in the Devon area of the South West of England to recruit a qualified Estates Manager.
My client is a Public Sector and Government Organisation based in the South West of England with a varying and large property portfolio.
The main responsibilities of the Estates Manager position are:
- Manage the strategic acquisition, disposal, leasing or rental of land and other assets for and to the Council
- Work closely with the in-house Planning and Economic Regeneration Team in the identification and delivery of inward investment and business growth initiatives throughout the District.
- To carry out property and development option appraisals
- Undertake property valuations and rent reviews for budgetary and legislative compliance.
The successful Estates Manager candidate will be / have:
- Full member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Ideally a RICS registered Valuer
- Current property and procurement legislation
- Substantial previous experience in dealing with a variety of local authority property related matters
- Asset management
- Estate management e.g. tenancies, leases, rent reviews etc.
- Valuation in commercial and residential properties
- Manage staff/consultants/contractors/developers
On offer to the successful Estates Manager candidate is:
- A starting salary of £50,875
- Eligibility to join the LGPS
- Handsome Annual Leave Entitlement