Seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join a national consultancy in Sheffield
Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join a leading construction consultancy based in Sheffield. The business is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, providing services on a national level.
Their Sheffield office have a strong track record in Project Management and Surveying services, working on behalf of clients within the Public and Private Sectors, across commercial, retail, heritage, education, leisure, residential and industrial. The Building Surveying team is now looking to appoint a Senior Building Surveyor to manage and assist with an ongoing pipeline of projects and workloads. For the right candidate, the company are also willing to assist with completion of an APC.
Your new role
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you will be responsible delivering a range of Building Consultancy services and construction projects. Your role will be varied, dealing with clients across the public and private sectors, gaining exposure to an even blend of technical surveying and project delivery workloads. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Advise clients on building/property issues including technical, financial, legal, environmental, building regulation and restoration matters. Advise on Health and Safety on all aspects of construction. Advise on contractors and tender documents
- Manage building contracts, tender processes and planning applications.
- Meet with clients to discuss project ideas and construction requirements
- Carry out inspections of existing buildings to check for flaws and defects
- Carry out feasibility studies
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to ensure service delivery meets expectations
- Assist Partners to develop new business opportunities with existing clients and report your findings and suggestions
- Identify ways in which building surveying products and services can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate person
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- Experience of working in a similar Building Surveying role, preferably from within a consultancy environment
- Strong experience of delivering a range construction project and undertaking technical surveying advice
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Sheffield based Property and Surveying specialist Richard Mapley on 0114 276 0536