Beach Baker are delighted to be working with a blue-chip property advisory firm to recruit an Service Charge Consultant and ideally qualified general practice surveyor/property professional with some knowledge of service charges on commercial buildings. The team provide expert service charge advice to clients across the UK.
This senior role will be working with an experienced team undertaking service charge consultancy, advising occupiers principally within the commercial real estate sector. This is an exciting opportunity that requires an ambitious and highly motivated team player, who has the individual drive and enthusiasm to succeed in this role.
The successful applicant will be "hands on" and directly involved in leading the day-to-day delivery and management of a substantial service charge portfolio. In addition, the role will require an active contribution towards the many and various aspects of blue chip client account management.
The role requires a positive outlook and a willingness to rise to the challenge. Similarly, this role will naturally see the successful applicant become party to certain private, confidential and/or sensitive information, which demands the ability to identify and deal with such information appropriately, tactfully and with upmost diplomacy.
* Good commercial awareness, with strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Keen eye for detail, with an analytical and inquisitive mind.
* Flexible approach and the ability to work to deadlines.
* High level of numeracy and literacy.
* Good computer literacy (with a good knowledge of Excel being particularly desirable).
* Solid understanding of, if not direct experience in leading and motivating a team.
Skills /Qualifications Required:
1. Member of RICS/BIFM - 10+ years PQE
2. A proven track record and experience in commercial property management and service charge advice.
3. Knowledge and experience in managing retail and leisure assets.
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational & time management skills.
5. Commercially minded, astute and market aware.
6. Hold a full UK driving licence.
7. Knowledge of Property Management software e.g. TRAMPS, YARDI.
8. Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence by Rupert Stuart-Baker. Please email your CV to email@example.com in the first instance.