Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor for our Newcastle office. We are seeking an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to our clients. The post-holder will work closely with other members of the local team and report into the Associate Director.
The individual: Looking at all levels (Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor / Associate Director - Building surveying)
- A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable.
- Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
- The individual to mentor the junior members of staff through their APC.
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Aware - you have an understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
- Ambassador for Faithful+Gould - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors providing a range of building surveying duties.
- Supporting the commission lead on various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Assisting preparation and submitting applications for Planning and Building Control consents.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
- Due Diligence surveys.
- Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and recording schedules of condition.
- Planned Maintenance Surveys.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Measured surveys including the preparation of drawings in AutoCAD.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
We are looking for a motivated and sharp minded Building Surveyor who has:
- 3+ years of Experience in Building surveying
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
- Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
- Meticulous nature and an eye for detail.
- Desire to develop career within a Consultancy environment.
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required.
- Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum.
- Good AutoCAD skills.
- Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations.
- Excellent communication skills and client facing experience.
- Professional manner.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Builder of strong working relationships.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Good report and letter writing skills.
- Innovative and proactive.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.