Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit a high calibre Project Manager for its Project & Programme Management Team in the Edinburgh. The successful candidate will join an established team of project and programme management practitioners and will play a key role in implementing our strategy for growth in key market sectors across the Scotland and wider UK.
You will demonstrate a proven track record in delivering effective and efficient project management services to clients, ideally within the UK. You will show a commitment to continuous improvement through learning and development and help to develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding. You will be eager to contribute to our strategic growth and initiatives that develop or technical excellence.
- Recent Client facing Project Management consultancy experience within the Development, Property, Education or Public sectors is highly desirable.
- A highly motivated and collaborative Project Management Practitioner experienced in delivering best practice Project Management methodology on larger and more complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to proactively lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Recent experience acting in an NEC Project Manager role desirable.
- The ability to articulate construction industry knowledge and technical excellence to Clients and colleagues.
- A keen desire to proactively support business development and growth.
- Effective leadership of project management services in a Client facing role.
- Lead the management and execution of construction projects through the whole project life cycle, utilising best practice methodology.
- Establish and build positive and collaborative relationships with all project stakeholders in accordance with Faithful+Gould's values.
- Act as lead Client interface in providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Responsibility for the commercial success of projects placed under your control; including the effective and efficient management of project accounts, governance and resource requirements.
- Ensuring service delivery compliance with Faithful+Gould's policies, toolkits, and standards.
- Provide guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
- Work with colleagues to mentor, coordinate and support the development activities of junior team members.
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities in line with business strategy and looking for market opportunities for new or repeat business.
- Lead the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions.
- Lead large scale, complex projects from inception to completion with minimal support from senior colleagues.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in a construction related discipline.
- A professional member of a recognised professional institution (MRICS, MAPM or equivalent).
- A positive, collaborative and innovative approach able to work on your own initiative.
- Experience of building positive Client relationships and business networks.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams & delivering successful projects through a recognised project management methodology.
- Sound technical project management knowledge demonstrating established experience and aptitude.
- Experience of administering standard UK building contracts (NEC and JCT forms) and ability to advise on appropriate procurement routes.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to the UK construction industry.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- A valid UK driving licence.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.