Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development, and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme across our Infrastructure Portfolio designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full. We are looking for Estimators to support all projects across the UK with sites in the North.
Key Competencies and Underpinning Knowledge:
- Understanding of the Cost drivers that define a project and ability to convert engineering data into meaningful cost drivers.
- Understanding of all aspects of direct and indirect Costs.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present cost work concisely.
- Ability to challenge colleagues in a constructive manner to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues in many different disciplines involved in our Clients Programme.
- Familiarity of government initiatives and policies.
- Single point of contact for all our Client’s infrastructure costs, working closely with the Estimating Management team to implement and maintain Cost Management and Estimating systems to ensure accurate reporting, benchmarking, and analysis of our Clients’ infrastructure costs.
- Support implementation of accurate Cost measurement processes including progress and performance measurement.
- Provide professional advice covering our Clients’ infrastructure costs to stakeholders (including but not limited to Procurement Specialists, Cost / Contract Management Personnel, Estimators and Project Controls).
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of Client’s policies, procedures, and resources for all cost and related controls services.
- Work closely with the Scheduling Team to ensure integration and alignment of cost models and schedules and Aid in the development of benchmarking database and reporting process to provide timely and accurate advice to inform decision making.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ACostE, ICES or similar relevant professional association.
- Quantity surveying skills and comprehensive understanding of the construction industry.
- Familiarity of government initiatives and policies.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.