Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group.
We're proud to deliver on some of the most prestigious construction projects across the world. It's thanks to our talented people and their diverse thinking, expertise and knowledge. Join us, and you'll be part of our genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone is supported to make the most of their talents and expertise.
When it comes to work-life balance, Faithful+Gould is a great place to be. So, let's discuss how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We're also passionate about what we do while valuing each other equally. So, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
As an Associate Director – Building Surveying, you'll play a central role on some of the UK's most significant projects. Your portfolio will vary across retail, health, energy, commercial property, education, residential and public sectors. Working alongside our senior managers, you'll lead multi-disciplinary teams driven by excellence. We'll value your insight and leadership, supporting your continued growth and development as a leader.
- Working across several projects in different sectors, providing a range of refurbishment, improvement and modernisation projects.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, producing specifications, obtaining estimates, obtaining statutory approvals and administering contracts for refurbishment projects.
- Using and applying standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge and application of building surveying professional services.
- Mentoring and training Building Surveyors and providing Supervisor support to Junior Surveyors on the RICS APC programme.
- Understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment in asset surveys, design and management of projects and portfolios.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Line managing of junior Building Surveying staff.
- Carrying out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and managing regional schemes.
- Development of new business opportunities including preparation and submission of bids.
What you can bring?
- A B.Sc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar RICS accredited degree.
- Chartered status essential/highly desirable.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients with a strong understanding of profitability, business development and sound commercial awareness.
- Experience in mentoring, training and coaching team members.
- Experience managing workloads and projects.
- Sound knowledge drafting technical documents, including clients requirements, asset reviews, feasibility studies, specifications and drawings.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements and Statutory Compliance.
- Specific Technical Skillsets to meet specialist Professional Building Surveying service requirements EG Dilapidations, Party Wall, Fire Risk, Access Assessments and the like.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.