We are seeking a Commercial L&T Surveyor to join our exciting and ambitious property and asset management firm in North West London.
Who We Are
Our organisation is a mid-size real estate consultancy with a significant client base to whom we provide general property and asset management services across the industry.
We are now actively looking to recruit an experienced professional to join our firm, specifically in the Commercial & Asset Management team.
The Commercial & Asset Management Department operates in the Office, Industrial, Retail and Shopping Centre sectors. We offer the opportunity of joining a very fast growing and respected firm with a dedicated and professional team.
Your New Role
As a Commercial L&T Surveyor you will be responsible for all L&T matters across multiple commercial property portfolios on behalf of a range of clients. You will be the main Landlord and Tenant contact responsible for all Lease Advisory items within the Commercial department. Your responsibilities will also include assisting on other asset-value increase opportunities, advising on potential acquisitions, oversight of third-party letting agents, as well as instructing and managing external Business Rates mitigation schemes.
- Responding on Lease queries
- Negotiate new Lease terms or Lease Renewals
- Leading on Rent Reviews to include service of Calderbank, Part 36 Notices, rental valuations as well as reporting and 3rd party/PACT where required.
- Instructing Dilapidation Surveyors, serving the Quantified Demand directly or via solicitors and carrying through the Dilapidations protocol to judgment or settlement.
- Advising and actioning Lease Assignment requests.
- Understanding local market values and how to best utilise comparable evidence to our clients’ benefit.
- Liaising with Business Rates mitigations schemes and the VOA
- Instructing Property Managers with administration of Tenant check-in/check-out to include Landlord/Tenant Work requirements, Completion Statements and agreed Terms.
- Instructing and overseeing Letting Agents on vacant spaces
- Understanding and ability to serve the relevant Section Notices and processes
- Occasional Lease/License, Declaration, Deed or Notice drafting
- Instructing, chasing, and responding to Solicitors
- Respond timely and courteously to requests of both Clients and Tenants
- Preparing for and attending Client meetings (with ability to lead on meetings)
- Provide strategic advice on Portfolio and Asset Management
Who You Are:
- MRICS or FRICS qualification (3-5+ years accreditation)
- Strong familiarity of Commercial Lease structure
- Understanding of rental trends
- Ability to work well within a team framework Attributes/Skills Required:
- Proactive attitude with the ability to ensure progress and ultimate completion of tasks in good time.
- Strategic and creative thought process with ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Flexibility and high level of dependability with ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise.
- Professional knowledge of basic computer packages such as MS Excel, Outlook and Word with agility to adapt to unfamiliar software programs.
- Possess very strong oral and written communication skills