The Building Control Service in Warrington has an established excellent reputation within our resident and business communities for delivering high quality services. The Service plays a key role in ensuring that all types of developments are high-quality, safe, inclusive, and sustainable.
You will have an extensive knowledge and experience of Building Control and have the ability to lead and manage a team of Building Control professionals pushing forward a high standard of safe, sustainable, and accessible buildings and developments. You will be a chartered member of an appropriate Building Control related professional organisation (e.g. CABE, RICS, CIOB) and had previous management experience.
Warrington is often ranked as one of the best places to live and work in the north of England. Since its New Town days Warrington has continued to grow. It has a thriving town and district centres, very successful business and commercial areas and also attractive public open space and parks. Recent years have seen major developments completed in the Town Centre and in areas like Omega.
Major growth plans are continuing to be developed and approved. Warrington is in the centre of the national motorway and rail network which is one of the major reasons for our success and attractiveness as a location to live and companies to invest in. We are adjacent to the conurbations of Liverpool and Manchester but with also easy access to National Parks, areas of outstanding natural beauty and stunning coastlines.
What you can expect from us:
• A competitive salary up to £65,373.
• Yearly essential-user car allowance of £846 plus a per-mile allowance for all business miles travelled.
• A generous annual leave entitlement of up to 30 days paid leave (plus bank holidays).
• A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance, including a 37-hour working week, a flexitime scheme plus a pragmatic approach to home-working.
• A great working environment within the new Council Offices in the Times Square Development, right in the heart of the town.
• A host of health & wellbeing benefits – e.g. Warrington Rewards Scheme, access to the NHS lease car options, benefits relating to leisure passes, cycle to work schemes discounts.
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution into a defined benefit pension.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact David Boyer, Director of Environment & Transport, on 01925 442350.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer