About The Role
Salary: £34,373 to £38,553
Location: Plough Lane, Hereford
Closing date: 29 September 2022
Herefordshire Council is looking to recruit an Asset Manager to join a professional and passionate team. We have an exciting journey ahead to reinvigorate property management across the Council and make sure we have the right building, for the right job, in the right place.
We need someone who has experience of working on their own initiative, with different services and occupants; each having differing needs from the buildings and locations. We want someone who understands asset management from the bottom up- how to ask questions and find out what our occupants need to deliver their service to the public across a geographical area. You’ll need to understand and have experience of all aspects of property and asset management and how they fit together.
This work will eventually inform and improve the strategic asset planning framework but we need someone who can clarify, challenge, assess large quantities of data and deliver a plan of what we need, where we need it and when. You’ll need confidence to present your findings and sell the plan; working to develop programmes and ensuring funding is in place.
We are at the start of the journey and as this is a new role, you can make the job your own. If you have the relevant skills and experience, want to work with an exceptional team and can handle a challenge, then please apply.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Herefordshire Council was established in April 1998 and took over the responsibilities of South Herefordshire District Council, Hereford City Council and Hereford-Worcester County Council and some of Leominster District Council and Malvern Hills District Council.
Herefordshire Council's ambitions are set out in full in our county plan. They focus on the key areas of environment, community and economy and are to:
- Protect and enhance our environment and keep Herefordshire a great place to live
- Strengthen communities to ensure everyone lives well and safely together
Support an economy which builds on the county's strengths and resources