M & E Services Engineer
Location: Plough Lane
Closing Date: 29 September 2022
Herefordshire Council is looking to recruit a Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineer to join a professional and passionate team. We have an exciting journey ahead to reinvigorate property management across the Council. Join us for a wide ranging and interesting role that has excellent career prospects.
The post will lead in the identification, design and delivery of property works requirements through provision of professional management advice and coordination of capital and revenue works and find technical and design solutions, develop briefs for reactive and proactive works and work with partners, contractors and PMO to deliver required works to the required budget and on time.
The role will support the development of a design guide to provide a standardised approach, efficiencies and to enable the Council to reduce its carbon footprint and support the identification, process and management of legal statutory duties and posts to minimise risk to the Council and maintain safe assets for all users.
This role is subject to a DBS check .
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com
Herefordshire Council was established in April 1998 and took over the responsibilities of South Herefordshire District Council, Hereford City Council and Hereford-Worcester County Council and some of Leominster District Council and Malvern Hills District Council.
Herefordshire Council's ambitions are set out in full in our county plan. They focus on the key areas of environment, community and economy and are to:
- Protect and enhance our environment and keep Herefordshire a great place to live
- Strengthen communities to ensure everyone lives well and safely together
- Support an economy which builds on the county's strengths and resources