The post manages and delivers all Estates Project Management activity across a varied and unique estate in Nottingham.
The type of projects delivered range from sustainability improvements to capital site upkeep projects.
Our client is a public sector organisation in Nottingham.
The role of the Estates Project Manager will be to oversee and manage all aspects of the life-cycle of multiple capital projects each year across this interesting and varied estate. Typical projects will include building maintenance projects and transformations to their existing work space. There will also be a significant emphasis on delivering projects relating to sustainability and decarbonization and these projects will include BMS upgrades and the installation of solar panels and heat pumps. Projects will range in value up to circa £4m on singular projects.
Typical day to day responsibilities will include:
- Line management of a Project Coordinator
- Management of contractors
- Ownership and overall responsibility for the successful co-ordination, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of Estates projects
- Monitor compliance of projects with our process and governance requirements ensuring full and pro-active compliance
- Liaising with key stakeholders internally to update on the progress of capital projects which will impact their department
- Budget responsibility of the annual capital projects budget
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual who has a track record of delivering capital projects within an estates environment. The role would be of particular suitability to anybody who has experience or an interest in sustainability projects.
We are open to the background route that has taken you to the point of being a Project Manager whether this has been as a Building Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor or a trades based route. You will however be expected to have a supporting qualification whether that be a building services based degree or a PRINCE2 qualification or similar.
This role is based in Nottingham and will require a site presence of 4 days a week so ideally you will live in or around the Nottingham region.
A salary of £39,500 - £44,000 is on offer. In addition to this you will receive 38 days annual leave and a pension contribution of 27% from the employer.