Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor, looking to Grow with Gatwick?
The Construction Department at Gatwick airport comprises several programme and project teams, along with technical support functions and is accountable for the delivery of the airport CIP and strategic growth over the next 5 years, encompassing projects across the campus.
What is the role?
Gatwick Airport is changing at an outstanding pace and this is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be part of a high performing team building Gatwick's future infrastructure.
Reporting into the Programme Commercial Manager, in this key role you will manage the cost plan development and maintenance, providing full technical cost, contractual and commercial support to the assigned Programme Manager/Project Manager(s) from inception through to completion, with responsibility for medium value/complexity projects, whilst supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyors on major projects as required.
What will you do?
- Developing and maintaining complete project cost plans and cost estimates to support the governance and procurement processes, including the Risk Drawdown process.
- Managing project budget, ensuring value for money and validation of costs using appropriate internal and external benchmarks.
- Performing monthly cost reporting, including provision of Anticipated Final Cost, Actual Cost of Work Performed, and Forecast to Completion.
- Managing the administration of contracts of varying values and complexity, driving compliance and contractual performance including NEC Option A, C and E, Construction Purchase Orders and Design Purchase Orders.
- Managing all contract communication including creating and distributing action lists, meeting minutes, Early Warnings, Project Managers Instructions and Compensation Events, and accepting/rejecting Contractors Notifications.
- Managing disputes/potential disputes through negotiation, collaborative working, and escalation as required.
- Supporting the tendering and evaluation process including selection of appropriate procurement strategy and contract, and production of pre-tender estimates.
- Supporting the maintenance of the project risk and opportunity register, including valuing the likely cost consequence of each risk/opportunity.
- Managing the close-out of all assigned projects, implementing close-out plan(s) to ensure all defects are recorded, warranties received, and contracts closed, as well as completion of financial close-out including provision of asset cost data for capitalisation purposes.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Demonstrable experience providing full quantity surveying service on
- Previous experience in a cost engineer, contract management or commercial role within the construction or infrastructure sectors working on projects typically in excess of £1million.
- Full working knowledge and understanding in using web-based contract management tools (eg Cemar).
- Strong IT skills, including a good understanding of Microsoft Excel. Experience of SAP or similar cost and project control management software would be beneficial.
- Thorough understanding of NEC suite of contracts, and associated contract administration and negotiations.
- Ability to understand and interpret mathematical and financial reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Resilient with the ability to operate within ambiguity.
- A good communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Able to work in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work with high level information.
- Strategic with the ability to develop solutions with limited information.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering, construction, or business-related field.
- Membership of a professionally recognised cost organisation such as RICS - highly desirable.
What is it like to work here
Our people tell us that working here is something special. No day is like another as there are so many moving parts that make air travel possible. And it's only possible because of the people who work here.
We want exceptional people to help us deliver the great service our passengers have come to expect. You can be part of helping Gatwick to rebuild and grow.
Ready to join us
Click apply and complete your application. We'll be in touch soon.
Our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including annual leave as standard.
We are passionate and committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer, encouraging different perspectives and experiences to make us a more innovative and creative workplace, whilst valuing our people for their differences and valuing them for it!