Are you an experienced Planning Manager looking to Grow with Gatwick?
To support our growth, our construction team is expanding. The Construction Department comprises several programme and project teams, along with technical support functions and is accountable for the delivery of the airport CIP and strategic growth over the next 5 years, encompassing projects across the campus to deliver fit for purpose critical infrastructure.
What is the role?
The Programme Planning Manager will play a key role in Gatwick's future, supporting the Programme Manager in delivering the strategic aims and objectives of the business through development, implementation and delivery of effective planning and assurance processes across a programme of projects (£100-£150m in value).
The Programme Planning Manager will lead and be accountable for all planning (for projects beyond the optioneering stage of development), ensuring that all performance targets are met or exceeded in a timely and consistent manner.
What will you do?
Lead and manage the programme's planning team(s) across multiple projects within the assigned programme to achieve desired business outcomes.
Lead the development of the planning team; set standards, manage, motivate, coach and mentor staff within the team. Recognise talent and assist in the development of those with high potential.
Lead the development and maintenance of accurate schedules throughout the project lifecycle to incorporate all components of internal and external activities and provide the key milestones to the Programme Manager.
Lead the management of contract programme assessment and acceptance/rejection, assessing compensation events and performing delay analysis.
Lead all programme schedule reporting, including reporting schedule information to the cost estimating database for Construction, ensuring that tender timescales and actual out-turn activity durations are correctly identified and classified to continuously improve the quality of planning data in the estimating database.
Support formal programme cost reviews to ensure alignment of the cost plan and programme, action and investigate deficiencies
Support the production, and delivery to, Monthly Cost Forecasts (expected to be within a 5% accuracy band month-on-month) using the cost plan, activity schedules and referencing the project/programme schedule.
Support the management of the Programme/Project Risk and Opportunity Register to identify and deliver efficiencies, and value the likely time consequence of each risk/opportunity
Support the development and maintenance of a culture of world class health, safety, and environmental standards across the Programme and its associated contractors to deliver the highest levels of health, safety and environmental performance achievable.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Educated to Degree/Post-Grad level or equivalent in construction or related field.
- Membership of a professionally recognised organisation such as RICS.
- Experience as a senior planner/planner on multi-year programmes/projects with a value typically in excess of £50m in a relevant industry and of leading small teams of 2-3 people highly desirable.
- Significant experienced of Primavera P6.
- Experience of planning programmes of work including multiple, interfacing, concurrent projects highly desirable.
- Experience in planning infrastructure programmes/projects in a live operational environment desirable.
- Sound commercial and financial awareness. Knowledge and understanding of NEC suite of contracts highly desirable.
- Good leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to motivate, coach, facilitate and create opportunities for learning for others.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate and present complex ideas in a simple way, including to senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of airport environment desirable.
- Personal resilience and the ability to manage ambiguity
What's it like to work here?
Our people tell us that working here is something special. No day is like another as there are so many moving parts that make air travel possible. And it's only possible because of the people who work here.
We want exceptional people to help us deliver the great service our passengers have come to expect. You can be part of helping Gatwick to rebuild and grow.
Ready to join us?
Click apply and complete your application. We'll be in touch soon
Our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including annual leave as standard.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a number of roles within Construction, if you have applied for a similar role recently we are reviewing all CVs and will be in touch, there is no need to re-apply.