Building Surveyor (London)
Your new Role!
Your new role will be in a large, G15 housing association based in North West London. The surveying team as whole works on the provision and maintenance of a large portfolio of properties. This is a permanent, hybrid role offering 2 days at home and 3 days in office. You will also need to visit sites as and when required.
What You'll Need?
✔ An HNC, HND or building linked degree or other industry recognised qualification.
✔ Previous Building Surveying Experience
✔ Knowledge of asset management databases.
✔ A great track record & experience with managing & developing staff.
✔Have a strong customer focus with excellent communication skills.
✔ Confidence to negotiate with contractors in a fair and resolute manner.
✔ An ability to respond to conflicting demands and pressures, in addition to chances in priority or interruptions from colleagues, stakeholders, the general public and management.
✔An upbeat, teamwork orientated attitude!
Your Key Responsibilities!
- Carrying out detailed surveys & drawing up specifications for the organisations residential & commercial assets, identifying & resolving property related risks such as legal disrepair, complex cases & managing property reinvestment projects using a variety of contractor-based procurement models.
- Identifying & resolving property related risks, disrepair cases & complex maintenance cases, putting controls in place, & ensuring controls are maintained.
- Managing property reinvestment projects using a variety of contractor-based procurement models.
- Carrying out other professional building surveying duties & offer other technical guidance & support to adjacent owners, developers & across all departments of the organisation.
- Produce detailed specification & tender documents for repairs, planned improvement & corrective works in line with current regulations & legislation.
- Procure works contracts to achieve best value, efficiency, and best practice in line with the organisation's tendering procedures.
What You'll Receive
- £35-3K per annum.
- 28 days annual leave & bank holidays. Plus a buy/sell holiday scheme.
- Season ticket loans & cycle2work scheme.
- In-house learning & development.
Moving jobs can feel like a big decision- if you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further- please don't hesitate to get in contact.