Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Estates Surveyor to join a progressive Local Authority based in Hampshire.
The organisation are progressive and commercially focused Local Authority with a multi-million pound property investment portfolio. Providing a significant income stream across the organisation, the portfolio holds a diverse range of assets including industrial and logistics parks, out of town retail and multi-let office space. Alongside this, the authority also holds a functioning corporate portfolio that provides a range of efficient public services such as, libraries and community centres.
At the forefront of the portfolio is the Commercial Property Department, who are responsible of providing and effective and efficient estate management service on behalf of the organisation. The department is composed of a team of commercial property professionals who use their range of expertise to advise stakeholders and the wider departments across the organisation.
The team is now looking to expand across several levels, including the appointment of a Senior Estates Surveyor. The role offers hybrid working with a requirement to attend the Hampshire based offices two days a week.
Your new role
As a Senior Estates Surveyor, you will responsible for providing a range of estate management and professional commercial property advice. This will include managing your own caseload of work, whilst collaboratively managing portfolios of investment and corporate commercial real estate.
Responsibilities will include -
- Day-to-day Estate Management of commercial property portfolio
- Undertake lease renewals and rent review negotiations
- Manage new lettings, negotiate leases with new tenants and instruct property agents
- Process licence requests, manage rent rolls and undertake property inspections
- Prepare annual asset valuations and manage business rates
- Liaise with third parties and advise the wider organisation on general property matters
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS essential
- Proven and significant experience of managing a portfolio of commercial property
- Strong landlord and tenant experience, including lease renewals and rent reviews
- Experience in undertaking a range of general practice property tasks
- Demonstrable experience of working at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of commercial acumen
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.