I am working with a well known Public Sector & Government Organisation based in Birmingham who are looking to expand their team with a permanent Development Manager.
The client is a public sector body looking to delivering some of the largest housing and regeneration projects in the country, this role plays an integral part in making business cases for, and providing expert advice and assurance on, millions of pounds of devolved housing and land funds; taking complex technical projects from start to finish against a backdrop of a uniquely challenging and political environment.
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Providing expert advice to identify opportunity sites for acquisition or investment
- Leading on technical due diligence, including instructing valuations and development appraisals and to prepare reports
- Working closely with Local Authorities, LEPs and other public sector bodies, and private sector partners including developers, investors and agents to be a single point of contact for all acquisitions and disposals
- Preparing de-risking strategies (e.g. securing planning, carrying out demolition works, delivering infrastructure), commissioning external consultancy advice as appropriate
The successful Development Manager candidate will be/have:
- A background in real estate, from development through to delivery
- Experience of identifying and appraising sites with development potential
- Experience of negotiation of transactions, which may include acquisition and disposal of land for development or joint ventures with developers, landowners and public sector bodies
- Appropriate professional membership, or working towards, such as RICS
On offer to the successful Development Manager candidate is:
- A salary of between £49k - £54k dependant on experience and qualification
- LGPS pension
- Ability to work a mix between the office and home