Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Estates Surveyor to join a Local Authority based in Dorset.
The Council holds a significant and diverse Corporate Property Portfolio, with assets spanning across the Dorset coastline. Their Estates Team are responsible for undertaking an efficient and effective estate management service, providing support and professional property advice to the wider departments and key senior stakeholders.
The team are now looking to appoint a new Senior Estates Surveyor, working on a remote / hybrid working basis, with occasional travel to their Dorset offices.
Your new role
As a Senior Estates Surveyor, you will be responsible for the day-to-day estate management of the Council's Corporate Property Portfolio. The portfolio is varied including public buildings, leisure centres, office space and various other assets occupied by the authority. Here, you will advise on a wide range of asset management and estate matters, whilst ensuring the best interests for the Council in terms of value and performance.
Key responsibilities may include -
- Day-to-day estate management of a commercial property portfolio
- Negotiate on rent reviews, lease renewals and licence terms
- Undertake acquisitions and disposals
- Prepare asset valuations and negotiate on business rates
- On occasion, or where necessary, attend property inspections
- Maintain and update an accurate and complete property records database
- Liaise with and instruct third parties, such as property agents, surveyors and solicitors
- Work closely with the Estates Manager and wider Estates Team to ensure key objectives are met
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- A relevant degree in property / real estate
- Significant and proven experience in property asset management
- Proficient in undertaking lease renewals and rent reviews
- Strong knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation
- Experience of working within Local Government is desirable
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.