The Capital Projects Manager will be responsible for all aspects of capital projects across a multi site estate ranging from delivery to planning a long term capital investment programme.
Our client is Bristol based with an extensive portfolio of properties across the South West region.
The Capital Projects Manager will be responsible for providing technical expertise advice and guidance to the organisation relating to all aspects of capital projects. This will include:
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships and partnerships with developers and contractors
- Delivering both minor and major projects ranging from small refurbs through to significant multi million pound M&E projects
- Identifying where capital investment needs to be prioritised across the estate
- Reviewing the supply chain and procurement process of contracts and driving forward improvement
- Implementing new systems to manage the procurement of contractors
- Advising on the commercial and financial aspect of capital projects and related contracts
The ideal candidate for this role will be a Capital Projects Manager who has a well rounded skill set from hands on site management work of contractors through to the more strategic aspect of designing and delivering a long term capital investment programme.
You will need to have a strong technical understanding of construction projects as well as a strong understanding of the commercial aspect of the role including pricing and procurement of associated contracts and contractors.
Ideally you will hold a technical qualification related to construction management or building services.
The role is based in Bristol and will require regular travel throughout the South West region.
A salary of up to £60,000 is on offer. You will also receive 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a pension scheme which is matched up to a contribution of 7.5%