Role: Building Surveyor – Fire Safety
Location: Office based in Central London or South East London (hybrid working promoted)
Salary: Up to £90,000 (dependant on experience) + excellent benefits package
Sector: Property & Construction
Carriera is excited to partner with an independent property & building consultancy which is in the process of developing their well-established building surveying team with the addition of a fire surveyor to join the business in London covering projects across the region.
Our client work throughout the South East on a diverse range of schemes in the built environment, which includes – residential, education, commercial, retail, leisure, healthcare and industrial projects. These projects are throughout London and the South East and our client requires someone who is capable of travelling to projects.
This role would suit an experienced surveyor with a background in fire safety who is familiar with inspecting a variety of properties and buildings, there would be a focus around ensuring these structures meet the relevant building standards/ codes and have the correct passive and active fire protection installed throughout. In this role you would liaise directly with an established team of building surveyors, project managers, fire consultants, architects, principal contractors, key stakeholders, façade engineers and members of the fire service.
- Degree educated within surveying or engineering.
- Excellent understanding of fire compliance and fire safety.
- Professional membership to CIOB, CABE or RICS.
- Professional membership to IFE or IFSM.
- Capable of signing off part 1 of EWS1 reports (desirable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Full UK driving license.
- Competitive salary up to £90,000 (dependant on experience).
- Travel expenses covered.
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Professional membership fees covered.
- Excellent training, CPD and support.
- Hybrid working promoted across the business.
If you are interested in the role or would like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact Mike Davis on 07947 648 308 for further information.