Project Manager/ Construction/ Consultancy/ Glasgow/ Edinburgh/ Vacancy
Your new company
Hays are working with one of the top multidisciplinary construction consultancies in the UK to assist them in recruiting a Project Manager for their Glasgow office. The company have brought in a fully flexible working policy and only require you to be in the office a couple of days per month. There is also still the option to go into the office as often as you like if this is your preference.
Your new role
In this role you will be tasked with delivering a variety of exciting projects. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team you will coordinate feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage project management.
You will be Managing the planning, execution, control, and closure of individual construction projects for an organisation to ensure organisational needs are met.
You will interact with owners, contractors, and designers to determine project requirements; negotiates contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure that all project goals are being addressed. You will Develop and maintain construction project schedules, budgets, performance metrics, status reports and customer submittals to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to specification.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead, plan, manage and administer contracts including SBC, NEC3 & NEC4
- Lead & manage individuals & multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide guidance and technical advice.
- Produce monthly reports including project programmes, risk registers etc.
- Chair internal & external meetings
- Deliver projects including taking responsibility for all delivery aspects.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Assist senior colleagues to construct bids for new work & presenting to Clients alongside Project Directors
What you'll need to succeed
- Membership of a recognised professional body APM, ICE, RIBA, RICS or similar
- Degree qualified in relevant construction, engineering, surveying, or similar discipline.
- 5-years industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Office proficient
- MS Project proficient
- Our client is also open to looking at a PQS candidate that is looking to move into the PM space
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.