Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Estates Assistant to join a well known not-for-profit organisation.
The organisation are a recognised and established charity with a functioning estate that spans across the UK. Their Estates team are responsible for the efficient management of the estate, providing a technical function that delivers a range of planned maintenance and construction related projects.
The Estates Team are now looking to appoint an additional Estates Assistant who will provide technical and administrative support to the wider Regional Estates Managers. The role will be predominately home-based covering the South / South East of England. On occasion, ad-hoc visits to sites and office meetings will be required.
Your new role
As the Estates Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Regional Estates Managers with technical and administrative tasks in relation to the delivery of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and estates projects.
Key responsibilities -
- Assist in the compilation of technical reports, work specifications, tender documentation and other construction and health and safety related documentation.
- Respond and manage maintenance requests and work with Regional Estates Managers to process.
- Be the point of contact within Estates to resolve minor defects, repairs and other issues.
- Liaise with contactors relating to project and maintenance tasks, including compliance, site meetings and logistical coordination.
- Assist with the processing of invoices, purchase orders and contractor payments.
- Manage and process data, records, insurance details and other relevant documentation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within an Estates, Facilities Management or Construction environment
- Proficient skills in technical administration
- Ideally have knowledge of property maintenance and minor construction processes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Full Driving Licence is essential
What you'll get in return
- £23,000 - £25,000 DOE
- 26 days annual leave + BH
- Up 16% Employer Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flexible / Remote Working
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.