MBM are seeking a Building Surveyor / Consultant to work within the Building Consultancy Division based within our Sydney CBD Office. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the Building Consultancy service line and undertaking core building consultancy duties including the following:
- Make Good Assessments (UK Dilapidations) and negotiations, both Tenant and Landlord (office and industrial)
- Ingoing Schedules of Condition (office, retail and industrial)
- Technical Due Diligence at acquisition and disposal (commercial, retail and industrial assets)
- Expert Witness Defect Analysis, Costs to Complete and reporting
- Development PC and End of DLP reporting and SBBIS Building Inspector roles (Strata Building Bond and Inspection Scheme)
- Life Cycle Analysis and forecasting (commercial assets)
- Capital Works Funds (aged care assets, health and prisons)
- Portfolio Stock Condition Surveys (including Council and University assets)
Furthermore, since MBM’s engagement with City of Sydney on their Asset Compliance Contract, you will also be expected to assist with the following activities:
- Daily consultancy and project management of engagements ranging from $1,500- $500,000
- Building and maintaining Client relationships through various sectors of the City of Sydney including Facilities Management, Development and Strategy, Project Delivery, Public Art; Tender, negotiate and prepare consultancy bids for works including building services, structure/façade/roofs, vertical transport, environmental and HAZMAT surveys; land surveying, heights safety, BCA compliance and the like
- Manage sub-contractor reporting and QA together with invoicing and financial tracking and analysis.
Associated duties but not limited to:
- Development of new and maintenance of existing clients including in-house relationships.
- Work with Advisory, Tax and QS Departments to achieve fulfilment of joint engagements.
- NSW, interstate, national and international travel where required.
Skills / experience required include:
- Graduate of a relevant / recognised industry degree course.
- 2+ years post degree experience working as a Building Surveyor /similar role. MRICS / similar qualified beneficial but not essential.
- Will suit someone looking to relocate to Australia to gain permanent residency. Visa assistance can be provided
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering letter and a current CV.
MBM has an open, inclusive and supportive culture where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.