To assist the Head of Property Management with the financial, legal and marketing aspects of the Trust’s strategic property management function and to lead in these aspects in specific proposals and initiatives.
The responsibilities of the Strategy Directorate include the work of the Trust Project and Property Team. The team are responsible for the development of new capital projects and management of refurbishment projects, space management (but not Facilities Management, which is the responsibility of the Trust’s Estates & Facilities Management Directorate) and major maintenance and repair of the functional estate.
Candidates will have experience in the field of property asset management, property legislation, project management and/or estate management.
They will have proven experience in the purchase, sale, leasing in and leasing out of property.
- To lead property related strategic drivers of Property Rationalisation and Asset Utilisation for the Strategy Directorate in an asset management role.
- Assist the Head of Property Management with the financial, legal and marketing aspects of the Trust’s property
- Generate opportunities to maximise commercial income and receipts from property assets and to manage the realisation of such opportunities
- Supervise the preparation of legal documents by the Trust’
- Ensure that the appropriate legal and contractual elements are implemented in all land and property transaction
- Liaise directly with the Trust’s counterparties, advisors and/ or solicitors in negotiating terms of agreements on property relate
- To administer the Trust’s property portfolio
- To provide highly complex expert specialist and professional advice to other estates staff, capital team, directors and senior management of the organisation
- To provide professional asset management duties in relation to the organisation’s estate
- Business Rates management for the Trust
- Town Planning advice to internal stakeholders
- To manage the usage and allocation of space throughout the Trust
- To develop and implement appropriate decant and enabling programme
- Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder
- Undertake line management responsibilities
- Liaise where necessary with the Trust Estate & Facilities Directorate team
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population.
We provide academically-led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas.
Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education and world-class research. We provide first-class acute and specialist services across eight sites:
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing and Grafton Way Building)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital
- Eastman Dental Hospital
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- University College Hospitals at Westmoreland Street
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of many complex illnesses. UCLH specialises in women’s health and the treatment of cancer, infection, neurological, gastrointestinal and oral disease. It has world class support services including critical care, imaging, nuclear medicine and pathology.
For more information, please access the following link: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.